Pebbles Flintstone-Rubble is the beautiful daughter of Fred and Wilma Flintstone. She appeared as an adorable infant in the original prime-time series The Flintstones and in A Flintstones Christmas Carol, as a lovely teenager on The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show, and as a pretty little girl or preteen in various animated TV specials.
In the 1993 made-for-TV film I Yabba-Dabba-Do!, Pebbles became the wife of Bamm-Bamm Rubble. Later in 1993, in another made-for-TV film, Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby, Pebbles gave birth to twins, Roxy and Chip – which officially made Fred and Wilma Flintstone, and also Barney and Betty Rubble, grandparents.
Fictional character biographyEdit
According to the February 22, 1963, edition of TV Guide, Pebbles was born at the Bedrock Rockapedic Hospital on February 22, 10,000 B.C. That particular year was never actually cited within the show itself; most versions of the show put the Flintstones' era as circa 1,000,000 B.C.
As an infant, Pebbles quickly became lifelong best friends with her next-door neighbor, Bamm-Bamm Rubble.
As a pre-teen, Pebbles was an excellent baseball player, which led to a misadventure involving her father, as seen in the primetime special The Flintstones: Little Big League.
By the time she was a teenager, Pebbles was noted for getting Bamm-Bamm and their friends into various misadventures, mostly due to sharing her dad's penchant for schemes that would inevitably backfire (such as causing a strike by Bedrock's city employees when she was elected honorary mayor for a week). She and her friends attended Bedrock High School; Pebbles had a catchphrase similar to her father's: "Yabba-Dabba-Doozie!"
As an adult, Pebbles pursued a career in advertising and married Bamm-Bamm. After this, the newly married couple moved to Hollyrock, a fictional, prehistoric version of Hollywood, California. They eventually had a son named Chip and a daughter named Roxy, who were fraternal twins.
- Jean Vander Pyl: The Flintstones, A Flintstone Christmas, The New Fred and Barney Show, Fred and Barney Meet the Thing
- Sally Struthers: The Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm Show
- Mickey Stevens: The Flintstone Comedy Hour
- Pamela Anderson: The Flintstones: Little Big League
- Russi Taylor: The Flintstone Comedy Show (1980)
- Megan Mullally: A Flintstone Family Christmas
- Aria Noelle Curzon: Cave Kids: Pebbles & Bamm-Bamm
- Grey DeLisle: Johnny Bravo
- Tress MacNeille: Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
- Jean Vander Pyl: The Man Called Flintstone
- Russi Taylor: A Flintstones Christmas Carol, The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age Smackdown
- Kath Soucie: I Yabba-Dabba-Do!
- Megan Mullally: Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby
In 1963, when Hanna-Barbera decided to add a baby to the show, their first choice was a boy. When Ideal Toy Company heard this, company executives approached Hanna-Barbera with a proposal to change the baby character to a girl for which the toymaker could create a doll, and Hanna-Barbera agreed.
Pebbles, in her conventional toddler incarnation, is sometimes seen in the various Fruity Pebbles and Cocoa Pebbles cereal commercials that have been produced over the years.