Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper is an animated television special starring Yogi Bear and company. It is the third and final Yogi Bear Christmas special. Produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions, it was first aired on 21, 1982 on CBS.
When Huckleberry Hound and his friends Hokey Wolf, Snagglepuss, Quick Draw McGraw, Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy, and Snooper and Blabber visit Jellystone Park for Christmas, they discover Yogi Bear and Boo Boo have escaped from Jellystone and hidden out in a department store, where Yogi is posing as a Santa Claus. Along the way, he helps a little girl named Judy Jones rediscover her faith in Christmas when her father, a billionaire named J. Wellington Jones, is too busy for her. Yogi says that many parents have to work hard to support their kids, and since her father is not home, Yogi and Boo Boo propose escorting Judy through the city to bring her to her dad.
Ranger Smith and the others look for Yogi when they learn he and Boo Boo are in the city. Yogi reunites with his friends, who help to look for Judy's father. In his search, Snagglepuss encounters Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble as Street Santas, who tell him to ask a passing lady his question. When the old lady screams in fear of Snagglepuss, Fred and Barney attack him, claiming it to be an entertainment purpose. Snooper and Blabber go to the police. Quick Draw has no luck, as Mr. Jinks hasn't seen Mr. Jones; Pixie and Dixie leave a present for Mr. Jinks (which contains a bulldog). Magilla Gorilla, Wally Gator, and Yakky Doodle haven't seen Mr. Jones either, and since Yogi hasn't had any luck locating her dad's office, they take Judy to Jellystone to try to figure out a plan there.
At Judy's home, J. Wellington Jones is troubled when his daughter isn't there, so he calls the police to help find her. Also working with the police is Ranger Smith, who is looking for Yogi and Boo Boo. The police are at the department store where Judy was last seen, and interrogate all the men who work as Santas. When they realize Judy went off with a Santa who wasn't a department store employee, they assume she was kidnapped. This accusation concerns Ranger Smith (despite having past problems with Yogi's antics, he can't believe Yogi would commit such a grave act). At the park, Yogi and his friends celebrate Christmas when the police arrive with Mr. Jones, accusing Yogi Bear of kidnapping his daughter. After interrogating Yogi about why he ran off with Judy, Mr. Jones realizes he's never home to spend time with Judy and orders the police to let Yogi go, claiming he is the guilty one. The special then ends with everyone singing Christmas carols in the park.
- Daws Butler as Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Quick Draw McGraw, Mr. Jinks, Hokey Wolf, Augie Doggie, Snooper and Blabber, Dixie, and Wally Gator
- Mel Blanc as Barney Rubble, Bulldog, and Security Guard
- Henry Corden as Fred Flintstone, Policeman, and Security Guard
- Georgi Irene as Judy Jones
- Allan Melvin as Magilla Gorilla
- Don Messick as Boo-Boo Bear, Ranger Smith, and Pixie
- John Stephenson as Doggie Daddy
- Hal Smith as J. Wellington Jones, Sergeant, and Zookeeper
- Janet Waldo as Mrs. Jones, Murray's Wife, Lady in the Street, P.A. Voice at Bus Depot
- Jimmy Weldon as Yakky Doodle and Zookeeper
Home Release availabilityEdit
- List of works produced by Hanna-Barbera
- List of Hanna-Barbera characters
- Script error at the Internet Movie Database
- Template:Bcdb title
- Toonarific – Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper at Toonarific
- POVonline Daws Butler, Part 4 at POVonline, by writer Mark Evanier