The film's opening title card.
Yogi leads his friends on a tour of the "Spruce Goose", the world famous flying boat, built by billionaire Howard Hughes. Experimenting, Yogi pulls back the wheel, causing the Spruce Goose to lift off. A segment then occurs where the Spruce Goose is in outer space, and the gang begins seeing images of each other drawn in the stars. Merkin and Firkin, scared away from California by the Spruce Goose, locate the unmanned ocean liner full of abandoned poached animals and decide to start their invasion there. They transform into "Earth animals" in an attempt to, once again, mingle among them. All of a sudden, once again, they are scared by the oncoming Spruce Goose and leave again. The gang arrives to save the animals.
The gang starts a search party, but unbeknownst to them something is lurking in the bushes listening in on them. The thing in the bushes is revealed to be Mumbly, who has crashed on the island along with the Dread Baron. Mumbly then awakens The Dread Baron and attempts to tell him of the plane. Looking through a telescope, The Dread Baron realizes the plane is the Spruce Goose, and that with it he can become rich. He then notices Yogi and his gang and realizes his plans could be foiled by them. When Bernice goes off looking by herself, they're becomes stuck in quicksand. The Dread Baron attempts to save her, but he is stuck himself. Driving home, they hear the stories on the radio of how animals were saved at the South Pole and at the Zelman Sea, to which he claims nobody knows how it happened. Yogi claims he knows how it all happened as he and the gang cheer for the Spruce Goose.
- Daws Butler as Yogi Bear, Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw, Snagglepuss, Augie Doggie
- Dave Coulier as Firkin
- Don Messick as Boo Boo Bear, Mumbly and Radio Announcer
- Marilyn Schreffler as Bernice and Bernice's Mother
- John Stephenson as Doggie Daddy and Pelican
- Frank Welker as Merkin, Various Animals
- Paul Winchell as Dread Baron
- Bill Woodson as a Movie Narrator
Home media releasesEdit
On 28, 1988VHS videocassette in the United States. However, as of 2009, the videocassette is now out of print. On December 7, 2010, Warner Archive released Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of Spruce Goose on DVD in NTSC picture format with all region encoding. This is a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) release, available exclusively through Warner's online store and Amazon.com., the movie was released on
On the end credits of the movie is was stated that "The Spruce Goose is located in Long Beach California". In 1992 the Spruce Goose was moved from Long Beach to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum located in McMinnville, Oregon, where it resides today.
- ↑ Amazon.com. Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose VHS release at Amazon.com.
- ↑ http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Yogi-Bear-Yogis-Great-Escape/14755
- Script error at the Internet Movie Database
- The Big Cartoon Database – Movie Information and details.